- This SW requires .NET Framework 4.5 and higher. Thus, it cannot be installed on Windows XP and Windows Vista. It can be installed on Windows 7/8/10.
- You must be logged as administrator, or make sure you have administrator rights.
- Only one instance of PAS SW can be installed on PC. Thus each time new version of PAS SW is going to be installed, the previous version of PAS must be uninstalled:
For Windows 7: Open Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Programs and Features, find PAS SW and press Uninstall
For Windows 8/10: Open Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features, find PAS SW and press Uninstall
- It is recommended to back up your PAS folder before you uninstall the PAS SW.
- Make sure there is no a SATEC USB device connected to your computer.
- Run PasInstallation.bat
- Choose installation folder. Default C:\Pas is recommended.
- In the Protection Mode window, check protected or non-protected mode. In the protected mode, each time you run PAS SW, you will be prompted to enter username/password for authentication. In non-protected mode, no authentication will be required, when running PAS SW.
- If protected mode was chosen, enter username / password that will be used later for authentication. Following are the username / password rules:
- Latin characters should be used for typing.
- Username must contain at least 2 characters.
- Password must contain at least 6 characters with at least one letter and one digit.
- If previous PAS setup exists, you will be prompted to choose, whether to proceed with an old setup, or to install a default one. Setup is defined as a Sites folder and PasConfig.mdb file. If you choose to keep your old setup, then your Sites folder and PasConfig.mdb file will be preserved, and when you open newly installed PAS, it will include all your previous configurations and sites. Would you choose to install a default setup, your previous PAS setup will be erased. Previous PAS setup exists due to the fact that the uninstaller keeps the setup during uninstall process.
First time run
First time run requires administrator privileges. Right click Pas.exe and use Run as Administrator option.